|Crowd Beginning to Arrive at Everett Mills -- Such a Beautiful Space|
|Marianne Paley Nadel Welcoming Us to Everett Mills|
|Nate McNiff -- The Wandering Stage|
|Michaela Quigley of Shine Magazine with Mentor Todd Smith|
|Kim Mahady -- TLC Autism Parent Community|
|Cindy Ngin -- Sugar Dust|
|Heather DeBerio -- Powerhouse Juice|
|Kim BeBe's Table|
|Angel Hernandez -- FocusedPT|
|Chris Janowski--WakeMe and Yetta Procope--Yettaz Studioz|
Yettaz Studioz is a custom designed clothing company that combines modern fashion and traditional Senegalese fabrics.
As I made the rounds of the tables, the theme I kept hearing from the entrepreneurs is how they have formed a strong bond during the accelerator program and how much they value that connection. I could feel that in the air and see it in practice as they interacted throughout the evening, sharing insights and experiences and supporting each other.
|Keynote Speaker Mary Guerrero|
|Class Speaker Nate McNiff|
Class Speaker Nate McNiff's talk addressed community also -- the community of the EforAll Winter Accelerator cohort. He said he looked up the origin of the term cohort and found out it referred to an ancient Roman military unit and that struck him as very appropriate for the group of entrepreneurs in the accelerator. The thought that stood out for me was "We are going to rise together, just like a group of warriors, we're going to have each other's backs."(Hope I got that right.) I could see the spirit of the group in the way they listened to each other doing the one minute pitches and cheered for each other as the awards were presented.
|Cohort Lined Up for the One Minute Pitches|
|One Minute Pitches -- Kim BeBe|
Kravant Boutique is a Khmer specialty boutique in Lowell focused on renting, buying, and selling high end dresses. I remembered Bora Chiemruon from the October pitch contest when she pitched it as Jewell by BC.
|One Minute Pitches -- Kravant Boutique|
- The Leap Network is an umbrella company for professional services ranging from recruiting and career advisory/coaching to social networking.
- My Playground Spanish Academy is a for profit bilingual preschool that will expose children to Spanish.
- Crose Nest Collective, LLC is modern botanica offering locally sourced herbal, holistic, and hand-crafted artisan goods.
|Yetta Procope Listening to the One Minute Pitches|
|The Cohort with Lianna Kushi and Joey Banh|
- The Wandering Stage - $5,000
- Del Sur - $4,000 A maker of all natural empanadas sold at farmers’ markets, catering, and specialized retail
- Sugar Dust - $3,000
- WakeMe - $1,500
- KimBeBe - Christina Hamilton Award - $500
|The Wandering Stage with the $5,000 Check|
|Del Sur with the $4,000 Check|
|Sugar Dust with the $3,000 Check|