|View of Boston from 10th Floor|
With everything from hailing a taxi cab to telling your fortune on the agenda, a Big News announcement, and a cool venue high above Kendall Square, #MIN44 set the bar high. Once again an innovative good time was had by all. Diversity of products and people, great views of Boston across the river, and fun hosts established a great vibe from the start.
|Darth Potato Head|
- Prospective Plus -- a Common Job Application for recruiting entry level employees. Developed by a Northeastern student entrepreneur, it's similar to the Common App used for college admissions.
- SmartBooks -- your Virtual Finance Department. Bookkeeping and finance services in the cloud for startups and small businesses.
- Hailo -- a free smartphone app that lets you hail a safe and reliable Boston cab from wherever you are.
- Justellus -- replaces all those customer surveys with a cool way to submit feedback to companies in seconds, earn rewards, and support great causes.
- USpin -- a way to find, plan, and reserve awesome activities for your diverse group of friends.
Yes, you counted right, there were five. All of them were good. Hailo had an impressive video. Prospective Plus represented well for Northeastern (alma mater of one of my girl scientist nieces :-)) and had great energy
Best Hat of MIN44 goes to Osmium Apparel. They were there to launch the Mobius Belt, which is very cool -- the buckle is separate from the belt, very customizable. As cool as the belt was, I found I had to try on a hat. Mark from Osmium assured me I looked very Left Bank-- just like in my high school fantasy of hanging out at Les Deux Magots with Simone deBeauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre.
|Paul from American Airlines|
|Is that a potato masher in his hand?|
The crowd was an excellent mix of regulars and newcomers and I saw lots of connections being made. That's what people come to MIN for -- connection.
As is traditional, I'll close with an Expert looking expert, in this case Mike the Sharepoint expert doing his best "expert look" and kind of reminiscent of NBC's Chuck Todd on election night.
|Expert Looking Expert|