|Banana from Edible Arrangements|
Edible Arrangements wins the best prop award this time for their fruit costumes. Aris wins best hat again, of course. Aris' hats are becoming a regular feature. Aris was chatting with Lisa from IBM when I ran into him. IBM Waltham did another great job hosting. They even led off the presentations with a video about sequencing the cocoa genome. Big thank you to IBM.
|Aris and his hat with Lisa from our host, IBM Waltham|
The four chosen presenters were:
- Brew1 Single-serve Coffee Brewing System - great tasting coffee, recyclable capsules.
- Local Pickins - online guide to all things fresh, local and edible in the ever expanding local foods marketplace.
- Evocatus - a community for discovering, sharing, and combining new tastes.
- Smiling Sauce - unique, whimsical cooking sauces and condiments.
|The crowd filtering in. By the time the presentations started it was SRO.|
I enjoyed talking with Adam from Evocatus about combining tastes and Caleb's presentation zeroed right in on how to cut thru the web clutter of opinions on food and beverages.
|Adam from Evocatus|
The condiment queens from Smiling Sauces presented "the next condiment." Zing is a healthy hot sauce, spicy, whimsical and local. I fell in love with it at first bite: the flavors that jumped out at me were cilantro and jalapeno with tomatillo underneath. I immediately imagined adding Zing to egg salad.
|Condiment Queens from Smiling Sauces|
Brew1 is taking on Keurig with a single serve coffee machine. I tasted the Peruvian Dark Roast and agree that they have it all over K-cups on taste. And the capsules are recyclable! I can see this as a great system for office coffee.
|Brew1 brews up a delicious cup of coffee|
I also managed to check out:
- Perfect Fuel Chocolate - Endurance Chocolate, dark chocolate fortified with ginseng to fuel triathletes and runners.
- Chococoa Baking -- delicious whoopie pies from Newburyport.
- Foodies of New England Magazine - a new magazine covering the New England food scene.
- Absolute One Home Drinking Water Filter - innovative water filter for your tap water.
|Julie from Chococoa|
|Foodies of New England|
|Absolute One Water Filter|
|Experts Corner includes Robert Gray from At Hand Apps consulting Jeff Cutler|
|Expert Looking Expert|