So, here are my favorites of the night:
- Tasting cinnamon ice cream from Batch: http://batchicecream.com/
- KangoGift's simple concept of sending real gifts (vouchers) to a cellphone via SMS: http://www.kangogift.com/
- Online ordering from 1fastbite for small, local, indie restaurants that may not otherwise have much of an online infrastructure: http://www.1fastbite.com/
- Jeff Potter of Cooking for Geeks demystifying watermelon cubing for me and serving wonderful watermelon & feta salad: http://www.cookingforgeeks.com/
- Told the owner of my local coffee shop about 1fastbite.
- Notified my former colleagues that online ordering from BHB, their favorite takeout, is available through 1fastbite.
- Sent emails to connect Catnip Cards with Merrimack River Feline Rescue where I used to be on the board.
- Sat down with my new signed copy of Cooking for Geeks and read up on the science of some of the things I like to cook.
Readers, chime in on the comments section to let me know how technical writing and foodie innovation are related.