|This Way to the Summit!|
|Desh Deshpande Giving Inspiring Keynote|
Just a few of the nuggets of wisdom I noted from his keynote:
- For entrepreneurs, every problem creates a new opportunity.
- Naivete is one of the greatest attributes of the entrepreneur.
- You go places you never knew you could go when you become an entrepreneur.
- Entrepreneurship isn't just tech. It is creative problem solving in context. Every individual is ultimately positioned to solve problems.
- When you get feverish about a problem you figure out a way to solve it.
- We need both technical innovation and social innovation.
- If there's no risk, it's really not an entrepreneurial opportunity.
|Nonspec Networking in the Lobby|
|Ahkil Nigam Keynote|
MassChallenge is about building a community, not just running a competition. It's all of us working together that will change the economy. If the whole ecosystem grows, we all win. The major nugget of wisdom I took away from his talk is "It's not about my piece of the pie, it's about the whole pie." That resonates deeply with the values I grew up with. I'm psyched to get out there and bring the community together around creating jobs and solving real problems.
- Pitching has a lot in common with slam poetry.
- Mentoring is important.
- After all these years I finally appreciate that my mother is a social impact entrepreneur.
|Cheryl Hajjar Pitching Indigo Pixies|
|Real Time Voting|
|Challenges of Starting a Social Impact Enterprise|