Thursday, May 26, 2011

LinkedIn Connection Timeline

I checked out the new LinkedIn tool for visualizing one's career over time. Results are here:

LinkedIn Connection Timeline

Insights I gained from this:
  • I need to convince my Hungarian dendrologist friends that they need to be on  LinkedIn, although I'm not sure they do. They are very well-connected within their own circles.
  • LinkedIn shows people I overlapped with in grad school, even though I did not know them in grad school, because they were at the same university at the same time.
  • Although I have connections to my current clients, they don't show up in the timeline because they don't work for Janet Egan Technical Writing. I'm not sure how to fix that.
  • I'm not sure what this visualization is useful for. What problem is it trying to solve?

No comments:

Post a Comment